How to gracefully shut down Endura Devices?
Pelco Video Management
Applicable Endura Device include:
- SM5000/SM5200 System Managers
- NVR5100/SEB5100/DVR5300 & NSM5200 Recorders
- VCD5000/5200 Video Console Display Units
Improper Shutdown of Endura Devices may cause system corruption or hardware failure
Also see: Lessons Learned Article #10880 - "Recommended equipment power-off and power-on order for Endura Network Video Management System."
The Linux-based Endura Devices listed in the (above) environment field can each be shut down in any of the following manners.
- To gracefully shutdown from the front panel, briefly press the power button under the front bezel of the unit.
To gracefully shutdown from the local console keyboard/monitor or from remote SSH Session, enter the command shutdown now.
note: To reboot instead of shutdown, issue the reboot command.
note: Graceful shutdown will first begin to stop all running services, before finally powering off. This can take between 60 to 900 seconds or (rarely) fail to complete, requiring Non-Graceful shutdown (see below information).
If Graceful shutdown attempt has failed after waiting at least 20 minutes, Non-Graceful shutdown may be required. It is recommended that you contact Pelco Product Support prior to proceeding.
- From local console keyboard/monitor or from remote SSH Session, enter the command halt.
- Press and hold the frontpanel device power button for 5 full seconds.