When connecting with a computer to Com 1 on the CM6800E-48X8 Matrix, what port number on my computer do I use?
- CM6800 Series Matrix
- PC System loaded with CM6800-MGR
- Windows XP
- Not supported on Windows 7
- Manager Connection
SELECT AN ALTERNATE PC PORT When you connect a PC to the CM6800 switcher, you can use the COM 1 port on the PC or an alternate PC port.
- The COM 1 PC port is the default; no programming changes are required.
To use an alternate PC port, you must specify the port in the CM6800-MGR software.
To specify the alternate port, complete the following steps:
- Select Configure > PC Ports from the CM6800-MGR menu bar.
- the PC Port Setting window appears. Click the PC communications port you wish to use for connecting the PC to the CM6800 switcher. Options are Port 1, Port 2, Port 3, Port 4.
- Click OK.
- Click Here for view of connecting PC to CM6800 Series Matrix.
- Click Here for Port Default programming and Pin Out.
- Click Here for MGR Manual.