What is the maximum distance that a PTZ camera can be controlled using coaxitron?
Pelco Video Management
- Coaxitron (Controller, Matrix) transmitters
- Analog PTZ camera (Spectra, Esprit, ExSite)
Limitation options for PTZ control over video signal.
Pelco C (Coaxitron) Protocol is Pelco's proprietary ptz communication coded over the video signal. The limitations for coaxitron is based from existing or newly installed equipment .
Coaxitron limitations over Coaxial Cable from Control End directly attached to PTZ camera.
NOTE* This is an average reference. Different brands of cable have various specifications of attenuation per manufacturer.
*Minimum cable requirements:
- 75 ohms impedance
- All-copper center conductor
- All-copper braded shield with 95% brad coverage
- For UTP (unshielded twisted pair) limitations view the following article: LL#8694
- For FIBER that supports coaxitron and it's distance limitations view the following article: LL#10429