Need a software interface to receive alarms from a outside source.
Pelco System Manager version 9.03.032
CM9700-CC1 version 9.03.0xx
A path is needed to receive alarms from an outside source.
CM9700 System Manager versions 9.xx and greater includes a wizard for creating Soft Alarms. Soft alarms require a CM9760-DT or an IDT Internal Data Translator port for the ASCII interface.
For instructions to add an ASCII interface port please use Lessons Learned Article #10689.
1. Open your configuration in CM9700 System Manager and log in, default User Name and Password is Admin/Admin.
2. Select the Wizards menu and choose Add Soft Alarm Wizard... The Wizard window appears.
3. Choose the Host Node and click Next.
4. Select the Starting Physical Number for the first Soft Alarm, also select the Number of Soft Alarms to create.
5. Click Finish. The Wizard window disappears and the new Soft Alarms are created.
6. Select the alarm tab to verify the creation of soft alarms.
Note: A software alarm uses the ASCII command (# of the alarm) followed by Ea as the alarm trigger.
Note: A software alarm uses the ASCII command (# of the alarm) followed by Ia as the alarm reset/clear.
Note: Up to 5000 soft alarms can be created.