How to enable multicasting on a DX8100 Series Hybrid Video Recorder (HVR).
Pelco Video Management
Enable Multicasting will allow DX8100 Web Client and DX8100 Client software connect to a DX8100 server simultaneously and reduces network traffic by simultaneously deliver one stream of data to an unlimited number of connections.
- On the DX8100 toolbar, click the Setup button . The Setup dialog opens to the Camera page.
- In the Setup dialog box, click Network button . The Network page is displayed.
- In the Network page, click the check box labeled Enable Multicasting.
- In the Multicast Group IP box, enter the multicast group IP address and click Apply. (The recommended multicasting IP range is from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52)
- The DX8100 message dialog box opens, prompting you to restart the DX8100.
Do one of the following:
- Click Yes to restart the DX8100.
- Click No to cancel the restart action. If you exit the Network page, you are not prompted to apply the previous settings. If you open the Network page again, the Enable Multicasting check box is selected. However, the DX8100 must still be restarted to activate the multicasting mode.