NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
NOTICEDISCONTINUED PELCO PRODUCT.
This product has been discontinued. For further information please visit pelco.com/support/discontinued-products
- Can I configure the DX4500/DX4600 Digital Video Recorder to only overwrite video from one partition?
- The DVR stopped recording and displays a White indicator with a black N in the Video panes.
Pelco Video Management
DX4500/DX4600 Series DVR
- Overwrite feature in the DX4500/DX4600
- DVR displays N icon in video pane.
Follow the steps below to configure the Overwrite option.
- Click on the Login icon to Login to the DX4500_4600 using the admin acount.
Click on the Setup icon in the GUI toolbar. Setup window appears.
Click on Hard Disk. Hard Disk menu appears
Click on Overwrite. Overwrite options are listed below.
- ALL: When the normal and event partitions are full, the system will begin overwriting. The oldest recorded data is overwritten first. The default settings is ALL.
- Normal Partition: When the normal partition is full, the system will begin overwriting only the normal partition. The oldest recorded data is overwritten first.
- Event Partition: When the event partition is full, the system will begin overwriting only the event partition. The oldest recorded data is overwritten first.
OFF: Blocks the overwriting of any partition.
a. Video Panes display N icon indicator.