How to reset a Sarix IM Series Network Dome Camera to factory default.
- Sarix IM Series Network Dome Camera
- IM10 or IMS0 models
- Can't ping known IP address
- Forgot password
- Can not detect/ping IP address/ camera drops off the network
- Firmware failure
NOTE: The lower dome must be removed to access this button.
- Using a small tool, such as a paper clip, press and release the reset (R) button once to reboot the camera.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds to restore the camera to the factory default settings.
Side Note: If this reset fails, try to remove power, Hold in reset button and power the camera back on as it powers on continue to hold reset button in for 15 seconds then let go.
AFTER RESETTING THE CAMERA, THE IP ADDRESS WILL BECOME THE DEFAULT ADDRESS OF 192.168.0.20 (UNLESS THAT ADDRESS IS ALREADY TAKEN AT WHICH TIME IT WILL CHOOSE THE NEXT AVAILABLE, LOWEST POSSIBLE IP ADDRESS IN THE 192.168.0 NETWORK) The password on the camera is also reset back to, User = admin, password = admin..