After following the installation instructions and verifying all connections/configuration are correct, the DS ControlPoint software does not respond to commands from the KBD300a.
Pelco Video Management
- DS Control Point v4.3 – 7.2.30
- Microsoft Windows XP
The COM port DS ControlPoint uses for KBD300a communication does not match the installed COM port for the Belkin serial USB port.
DS ControlPoint software needs to use the COM port assigned to the Belkin USB serial converter. There are 2 ways this can be accomplished.
Note: DS ControlPoint needs to be closed when running these procedures.
Change the assigned COM port for the Belkin adapter to COM1. Navigate START > Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager button.
- Expand Ports (COM & LPT)
- Right-click Belkin Serial On USB Port select Properties
- Click on the Port Settings tab, then click the Advanced... button
- In the Advanced Settings for COM9 window, change the COM Port Number: to COM1
Click OK in both properties windows to save the changes.
Change the COM port that DS ControlPoint uses for KBD300a communication.
- Click START > Run, then type in %appdata% and click OK.
- Double-click the Pelco folder, right-click the ControlPointCache.XML file and select Open With > Notepad.
- Once the ControlPointCache.XML file is loaded, press CTRL + F on the keyboard, this will bring up the Find window.
- In the Find window next to Find what: type in COM1 and click Find Next.
You will now be at
COM1, change COM1 to match which com port the Belkin adapter is assigned in Device Manager. If using the above screenshots, the Belkin adapter is showing COM9, you would change the text to look like COM9 .
- Click File > Save to save the changes, then File > Exit to close notepad.
- Start the DS ControlPoint software and you should now have control.