How do I export the configuration settings from the DX8000/DX8100 Series DVR/HVR?
Pelco Video Management
Export configuration settings from the DX8000/DX8100 Series before software upgrade.
- Insert a USB key into a USB port on the DX8100 front panel.
- Click Edit > Export Setup.
- Double-click the drive assigned to your USB key.
Type a name for your backup file in the File name text box, and then click Save. The DX8100 exports the settings to the USB key.
NOTE: Allow 60 seconds for the export process to finish to ensure that all of the DX8100 settings are exported. Then continue with the next step.
Remove the USB device:
- From the DX8100 menu, click File > Unplug/Eject Hardware. The Unplug or Eject Hardware dialog box opens.
- Click Stop. The Stop a Hardware device dialog box opens.
- Select the USB device to which the DX8100 settings are exported.
- Click OK. The Safe to Remove Hardware dialog box opens.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
- Unplug the USB key.
Note: The USB drive must be at least 2GB or greater. Settings from DX8000 cannot be imported to a DX8100 and vise versa.