Do I configure the DX8100's network IP Address in the DX8100 server software or in the Windows mode?
Pelco Video Management
Adding DX8100 server to network.
Configure the server network IP address in the DX8100 server software.
Setting Up DX8100 Network Access
On the DX8100 toolbar, click the Setup button . The Setup dialog opens to the Camera page.
In the Setup dialog box, click Network button . The Network page is displayed.
Click the Network tab if it is not already selected.
Enter a new name for your HVR in the Site Name box. (Site names can be up to 30 characters in length; the default site name is DX8100.)
Enter a unique System ID for your HVR in the System ID field. (System IDs must start with a letter, be 15 characters or less, and not include spaces or special characters.)
Your HVR’s site name is used to identify your system to clients and other DX8100 servers. Your HVR’s system ID is used to uniquely identify your system on a LAN. System IDs are required to prevent possible conflicts with other network devices.
Setting Up DHCP
Your network must support DHCP, and an active DCHP server must be present for dynamic addressing to work. If you select DHCP and your network does not include an active DHCP server, the IP address settings will default to addresses in the 169.254.x.x range. Consult your network administrator for more information.
To configure the HVR to acquire a dynamic IP address through DHCP:
- In the Network page, click the check box labeled Obtain An IP Address Automatically (DHCP).
- Click Apply.
Setting Up a Static IP Address
The DX8100 allows you to set up a static IP address. This information can be obtained from your network administrator.
To set up a static IP address:
- In the Network page, verify that the Obtain An IP Address Automatically (DHCP) check box is not selected.
- In the IP Address box, enter a unique IP address (for example, 10.10.0.170). The last three digits must be different for each recorder (for example, 171, 172, 173, and so forth).
- In the Subnet Mask box, enter the subnet mask (for example, 255.0.0.0 is the default).
- In the Default Gateway box, enter the gateway address (the IP address of the default router on your immediate network segment).
- Click Apply.