How do I properly remove an NSM5200 Member from a storage pool?
Pelco Video Management
Endura NSM5200 versions 2.1.7 or lower
Failed NSM5200 was not removed from the storage pool prior to replacing with a new NSM5200. Installing the new unit with the same IP address creates duplicate member entries in the NSM manager web UI and prevents the old entry from being deleted.
To properly remove an NSM5200 Member from a storage pool, follow these steps.
- Login to the web interface of the Member to be removed
- Access the NSM Settings page.
- Click the Remove From Pool button and wait for the removal to complete.
SSH into the member and stop pal and nsxd services...
a. service pald stop
b. service nsxd stop
- Issue the service postgresql2 start command to ensure the 2nd postgres instance (containing networkconfig db) is active for the next steps.
Check for the port number at the end of the line for the instance of postgres (networkconfig) is using...
a. ps -efH
Example = /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/Pelco/Database/data2 -p 5490
Issue the command to drop the networkconfig database...
Example = /usr/local/pgsql/bin/dropdb -U pelco -p 5490 networkconfig
note: If you receive an error attempting to drop the database, such as...
...it probably means one of two things:
a. The "Remove From Pool" option in step 3 did its job properly, and the data2 database does not exist anymore.
b. The database is so corrupt that it cannot be accessed in order to be dropped.
Either way, Issue the following 2 commands before moving onto step 8.
service postgresql2 stop
rm -rf /usr/local/Pelco/Database/data2
Delete wallfile backups...
a. rm -rf /usr/local/Pelco/Database/backups
b. rm -rf /usr/local/Pelco/Database/wallpath/backup*.gz
c. rm -rf /usr/local/Pelco/Database/wallpath/*.backup
- Power off the Member in question by either momentarily pressing the power button on the front of the unit, or issuing the shutdown now command. This may take several minutes to complete.
- Login to the web interface of the pool Manager.
- Access the NSM Pool page.
- Within the NSMs in Pool: section, verify the member in question is no longer listed (if it is, click on the red X to the right of it in order to remove it).
- Click Save.
Power on the Member that was removed, wait a full 18 minutes before attempting anything, and then access its WebUI and reconfigure timezone and reconfigure any other needed settings, including adding cameras to the pool.
note: If creating a new pool, make sure to visit the WS5000/5200 Setup > Schedules menu and re-apply or re-create camera schedules as needed. To re-apply an existing schedule, simply highlight it and make a small change (such as selecting the checkbox for "record all cameras" and then UNCHECKING it immediately), just so that the "apply" button becomes available in the lower-right corner, which will then save the schedule to any newly created NSM5200 Pools once pressed.