How to setup a Network Storage location on a DS NVR/DVR.
Pelco Video Management
Network Storage drives appear offline in DS Admin on DS NVS.
To set up network storage on a DS NVR, perform the following:
First Ensure the Network storage location has a Valid UNC path, and that you can access the UNC path from Windows, to check this Do the following:
- Click Start > Run
- In the run menu, paste the UNC path (e.g. \\SERVER\SHARE)
- If configured properly, you should see the storage location open in windows explored.
Once that is verified, perform the following.
- Open DS Admin
- Add the UNC path for the drives in DS Admin under "Network Storage", and check Activate.
- Click the "Copy to network storage locations" in the Storage Locations under the VAU.
- Refresh the status of the "available systems" (right-click and hit "refresh")
- To verify the UNC path is valid and online, click on the "Network Storage" area and ensure the drive Status says ONLINE.
Programming manual. See page 20.