What are the required services for DigitalSENTRY recording and live video playback?
Pelco Video Management
- DigitalSENTRY Series
Unable to get live or playback video in DS ControlPoint.
- From the Start menu, open Settings and Control Panel.
- Open Administrative Tools.
- Open Services.
- Double-click the service whose startup mode you want to change.
Choose the Startup Type from the drop-down list. The following options are available:
- Automatic—the service starts automatically when the computer is started.
- Manual—you must start the service manually.
- Disabled—the service cannot be started.
- Click OK.
- Then right click on both the DigitalSENTRY Video Server Service, and the DigitalSENTRY Storage Service and select START.
*Version 7.x and later. Services are setup during a new install by DS Quick Setup.
Here is a list of the main services for DigitalSentry and the status and startup type:
Name Status Startup type
- DigitalSENTRY Storage Service Started Automatic
- DigitalSENTRY VideoServer Service Started Automatic
- DigitalSENTRY VSAN Watch Service Manual
- DigitalSENTRY WatchDog Service Manual
- IntegralSqlAgentService Started Automatic
- SQL Server (DS_MSSQLSERVER) Started Automatic
- DigitalSENTRY VideoServer Utility Started Automatic
These service will log on as DSNVSUser with password Pelco123 by default.