Trying to connect a 3rd party DVR to a CM9760-CXTA and can not gain PTZ control.
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Matrix
- CM9760-CXTA Coaxitron Translator
- 3rd Party DVR Recorder
- CAT5E Cable
- Installation or service for correct wire pinouts and switch configuration for Integration
- CM9760-CXTA is set to P protocol while the DVR is set to D.
- Wiring not attached correctly or broken connection.
- Power Cycle of CM9760-CXTA is required after switch configuration.
- Verify addressing scheme. If not connected 1 for 1, will change address setting on 3rd party DVR to what input connection it is on CM9760-CXTA.
- Proper 75 ohm video termination.
Enhance Coaxitron control may be required on the Spectra Series camera. Refer to Lessons Learned Article #9488
- Power Off the CM9760-CXTA
- Turn CM9760-CXTA dip switch 3 to the ON (Up) position. This will set the Protocol to D, baud rate to 2400, and parity to None. The input is RS-422.
- Turn CM9760-CXTA dip switch 8 to the ON (Up) position. This sets the receiver type to Spectra.
- Turn switches 1, 2, 4-7 to the OFF (Down) position.
Power On the CM9760-CXTA
- Wire the TX- and TX+ data from the DVR to the receive pins 7 (RX-) and 8 (RX+) on the CM9760-CXTA.
- CM9760-CXTA COMM IN port pin-out assignment below.
NOTE: Configuration switch positions are read only at power-up time; therefore, switch changes made after power is applied have no effect until power is recycled.