How do I charge the pressurized Spectra Series Dome with nitrogen?
Pressurized Spectra Series Dome
Pressurized Spectra dome is low pressure.
You may use your own charging equipment or Pelco's EH8000RKIT recharge kit. If you are using your own equipment, adjust the regulator for an output pressure of 12 psi (83kPa).
Pressurize the inside of the dome with nitrogen:
- Remove the cap from the Schrader valve of the dome. Place the air chuck from the charging kit over the Schrader valve.
- Open the tank valve of the charging kit. Fill the dome with nitrogen for a minimum of five minutes to replace the oxygen inside the dome with nitrogen. The relief valve will open at 7 pounds of pressure signaling the device is fully charged.
- Remove the air chuck from the Schrader valve, replace the valve cap, and close the tank valve.
- To ensure a tight seal on the relief valve, burp the dome by manually opening the valve momentarily to let a little nitrogen out. Then press the end of the relief valve to ensure that the valve is completely seated and sealed.
- Refer to the Installation/Operation manual (C3412M) for instructions on how to view the current readings for the pressure. Record the initial temperature and pressure readings of the dome:
- Initial Temperature:
- Initial Pressure:
- Record the initial temperature and pressure readings for future reference. It is normal for the changes in temperature to cause dome pressure to rise and fall.
- You must perform an annual refill to be consistent with the intent of the application.