NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
After installing the DSSRV-RAID card in a DSSRV Network Video Recorder, the system will no longer boot into Microsoft Windows or the software.
Pelco Video Management
- DSSRV - All Versions
- DSSRV-RAID accessory
The DSSRV Network Video Recorder ships will all drives preconfigured for JBOD operation, once the DSSRV-RAID card is installed the JBOD drive configuration will no longer work to boot the system.
The DSSRV NVR needs to be reimaged after installing the RAID card. The "convert all disks to RAID-5" option needs to be chosen. See below for recovery instructions.
- If necessary, perform an orderly shutdown. Make sure the unit is turned off completely.
Insert the USB key into one of the USB ports.
*Note Ensure that the provided USB recovery has the Pelco label facing up.
- Turn on the DSSRV
The RAID controller card does not support Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) booting.
- Perform the following steps if you receive a UEFI message.
- Restart the system.
- Enter the BIOS by pressing the Delete key repeatedly while the system is starting up, the F2 key may also be utilized to enter system BIOS.
- Modify the boot order in your BIOS for system type
- JBOD Configuration = 1st Boot [UEFI: USB FLASH DRIVE]
- RAID Configuration = 1st Boot [USB: USB FLASH DRIVE]
- The computer will restart and you can press any key to continue with the setup
- Depending on the system configuration, perform one of the following options:
When the unit is turned on, the Warning dialog box appears. You can continue with the recovery process by pressing any key or you can exit the system to back up exported video, snapshots, or other user data before continuing.
Press any key to continue with the factory restore. The RAID Operations dialog box appears.
Select one of the following options:
- Option 1 converts the system to a RAID 5 configuration.
- Option 2 converts the system to a single-drive configuration (JBOD).
Option 3 exits the recovery process.
- After selecting Option 1 or 2, type y, and then click the Enter key.
NOTE: The RAID 5 configuration can take up to one hour to complete.
Information located in the DSSRV, DSSRV-DVD Installation Manual