NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
How to reinstall the OS on the DSSRV after installing the DSSRV-RAID Controller Card?
Pelco Video Management
- DSSRV Series
- DSSRV-RAID Controller Card
Run system restore after installing the RAID controller card.
1. If necessary, perform an orderly shutdown. Make sure the unit is turned off completely.
2. Insert the USB key into one of the USB ports.
3. Turn on the DS NVR.
4. Depending on the system configuration, perform one of the following options:
When the unit is turned on, the Warning dialog box appears. You can continue with the recovery process by pressing any key or you can exit the system to back up exported video, snapshots, or other user data before continuing.
Press any key to continue with the factory restore. The RAID Operations dialog box appears.
Select one of the following options:
(1) Option 1 converts the system to a RAID 5 configuration.
(2) Option 2 converts the system to a single-drive configuration (JBOD).
(3) Option 3 exits the recovery process.
- After selecting Option 1 or 2, type y, and then click the Enter key.
NOTE: The RAID 5 configuration will take approximately one hour or more to complete and MUST have a minimum of three - 3TB hard drives.