How to change a camera name in DS Admin.
Pelco Video Management
- DSSRV / DSSRV2 - All Versions
- DS NVs
- DS Admin
- All hardware
Program custom camera names/titles for the system.
- Open DS Admin (Start > All Programs > Pelco > DS Admin)
- Login using an administrator account (default = 'admin')
- Click on the + next to the CAMERA folder
- Click on the camera you wish to change name
- Click on the GENERAL tab
Enter the Camera Name and Camera Description on the bottom right of the general tab.
- Click Save on the bottom right.
DS ControlPoint requires a disconnect/reconnect to see the new camera names.
In DS versions 7.2.46 - 7.4.363 camera titles created in DS Admin must be less than 40 characters in length and not use an apostrophe in the title (Example: Joe's Room).
The MAX characters is 63 with DS version 7.5.609 and later.
DS QuickSetup version 7.5 and later will allow the following character set: -, _, 0-9, A-Z, a-z, and SPACE. If camera titles were created in DS Admin using periods, DS QuickSetup will remove the periods the next time it is used.