The DX8100 randomly fails with a Microsoft Windows Blue Screen error (BSOD)
Microsoft Windows blue screen error information:
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: NTGLM7X.sys
Pelco Video Management
Health monitoring software driver conflict on the DX8100 Series.
If the DX8100 is displaying the NTGLM7x.sys blue screen error, follow the below steps to resolve:
- Power cycle the DX8100 to restart the system, the DX8100 will boot normally and load into the software properly.
- Download and install the DX8100 software update 2.0.00.2727 by following steps 2 - 10.
- Link for DX8100 patch - https://schneider-electric.box.com/s/afx3bzt2tia3istnq42d7tptcsji9u3b
- Download both the DX8100 2.0.00.2727 Patch.zip file and extract it to a USB flash drive.
- On the DX8100 Server, click on File > Exit > Exit to Windows Mode
- You will be prompted for a Microsoft Windows password, password = dx8100
- Click on Start > Run and type in explorer then click OK.
- Select My Computer and open your USB flash drive, navigate to DX8100 2.0.00.2727 Patch > DX8100 Server 2.0.00.2727 (2011-04-05) > Data1
- Click on the setup file which has a Type of Application and follow the prompts.
Note: If the the DX8100 is restarted before the patch is applied, it may boot normally and function properly; but the error can return at any time and cause recording loss.