This update enables your DX8100 to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date for the calendar year due to revised Daylight Saving Time laws.
Pelco Video Management
DX8100 version = any
Starting in the spring of 2007, daylight saving time (DST) start and end dates for the United States will transition to comply with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. DST dates in the United States will start three weeks earlier, at 2:00 A.M. on the second Sunday in March. DST will end one week later, at 2:00 A.M. on the first Sunday in November.
User must update software on the DX8100 using the Pelco DST updater. This is the only Updater that has been tested and validated by Pelco for use with the DX8100, and it is the only updater that will be supported by Pelco.
Note: Users should not attempt to use an update from Microsoft or from any other source or location.
The Pelco DST Updater, which is available as an executable file or as a zipped file. (For some users, it may be easier to download the zipped file. After you download the zipped file, double-click on it to extract the DSTUpdater.exe file.)
Download the Zipped file: DSTUpdater_v91.03.6101.zip
Install the DST Updater using the following steps:
- Log into the DX8100 with the ‘Admin’ Account.
- Select File then Exit from the Menu Bar.
- Select “Exit to Windows Mode” from the drop-down menu.
- When the Login dialogue appears, enter the Windows password for the system (example ‘dx8100’)
- Click Start > Run > Then type “explorer.exe” and click OK. The File Browser will appear.
- Navigate to the location where the DST patch (DSTUpdater.exe) is stored.
- Double-click on DSTUpdater.exe. A tool tip will appear.
- When the update is complete, Restart the system by selecting Start > Shut Down > Restart.
The Update is complete.