Need to program and connect a KBD300A Universal Keyboard to a CM9700 Series Matrix Switcher.
KBD300A: Version 5.3 and above
CM9700: Version 9.03.***
Instructions are needed to program and connect a KBD300A Universal Keyboard to a CM9700 Series Matrix Switcher.
- Open Pelco System Manager version 9.03.032 or greater.
- Log into the program using User/Password Admin/Admin using a capital "A"
- If the files need to be imported please use Lessons Learned Article #12916.
In the upper left hand corner select add device.
In the drop down menu select Data Translator and then Internal DT
Number of devices will be 1, select next.
Now enter the port number, baud rate 9600 and parity odd for the KBD300A
An operator will be added, this should not be changed, select next.
The new Internal DT (IDT) has now been created for the new KBD300A Universal Keyboard.
- You must export your files to disk and load them on the CM9700-CC1, use Lessons Learned Article #10699.
Note: By default the KBD300A does not require a 4 digit login pin
- Connect the KBD300A to the CM9700-CC1. Connect a KBD300A to operate with a CM9700 Series Matrix Switcher using the figure below.
- Press 01 on the KBD300A then the Mon key or select the desired monitor. The display will only indicate which monitor is currently being controlled.
- Press the desired camera number on the KBD300A then press the Cam key to select the camera