Require the removal of all previously recorded video on the DX8100/DX8000 recorder.
Pelco Video Management
- DX8100 version = All
- DX8000 version = 2.0.00.1192
To delete previously recorded video on a DX8100/DX8000, the following procedure must be followed to prevent video corruption.
Reformat and reallocate the storage drives to clear all previously recorded video.
- From the DX8100 menu bar, click File, and then click Exit.
- Select Exit to Windows via the drop down options.
- When prompted with the MS Windows login prompt, enter in the default MS Windows password of dx8000 or dx8100 respectively.
- Click START, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- In the Open drop-down box, type allocreset and click Ok.
- The Security Warning dialog box appears. Click Run.
The Allocation Management dialog box appears. Click Re-Allocate.
- Click Ok.
- Now go to START, and then click DX8100. The DX8100 application starts and the PDB Initialize dialog box appears.
- To reformat and start fresh with all new recording, Click the Not Used button and a menu will appear.
- Repeat the previous step until all partitions are set to Allocation.
- After all partitions are set to Allocation, click Begin Allocation.
- When the warning message appears, click Yes. After all partitions are allocated, the DX8100 application automatically starts and begins recording data to the DX8100's internal storage (if not disabled_using the RAID 5 DX8100HDDI).
Note: For a DX8000 system, just replace the DX8100 mentions with DX8000.