Add a DX8100 remote site with a static IP address to an existing Site Tree.
Pelco Video Management
DX8100 Series HVR
View new installed DX8100 system from main DX8100 Server.
To add a remote HVR site when the IP address is known:
- On the DX8100 toolbar, click the Setup button. The Setup dialog box opens to the Camera page.
- In the Setup dialog box, click the Site Setup button.
- Select the Manual button (if it is not already selected).
- Enter a custom site name for the remote HVR. (Site names can be up to 32 characters long and can contain spaces and special characters, for example, Building 1 HVR.)
- Enter the IP address of the remote site.
- Select the cameras to be viewed at the bottom of the screen.
If necessary, do the following:
Enter a new base port number (9002 is the default).
Unless there is a conflict on your network, you should not change port numbers from their default values. Make sure any changes to port numbers are made consistently across all DX8100 servers and clients on a network. Client and server ports must be identical.
- Enter a new upgrade port number (9003 is the default).
- Enter a new information port number (9003 is the default).
- Click Add. The site appears in the “Site IP list” on the right.
- Enter a new base port number (9002 is the default).
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each additional site.
- Click Apply.
Once a remote site has been set up, its name appears in the Site Tree. It may take up to five minutes to initially connect to the site. Once a connection has been established, cameras from the remote site can be dragged onto the main screen view panels.