When Endura Utilities is started on a PC that has IPv6 enabled, Endura Utilities will send both the IPv4 address and IPv6 address to the SM5000 for registration purposes. The SM5000 is currently not compatible with IPv6 and the result is a crash (core dump) of the SM5000 service. When the SM5000 services crashes it may result in cameras and other Endura devices being temporarily marked as offline.
To identify if this problem exists, check the contents of the /usr/local/Pelco/SM5000 directory on the SM5000 by following the steps below. If this directory contains any core.* files that correspond with instances of Endura Utilities starting then it is likely that the issue exists at this location.
- Open Endura Utilities and login as an administrative user.
- Right click on the SM5000 and select Scripts > One-time script.
- In the box the opens, type ls -lst core.* /usr/local/Pelco/SM5000 and click OK.
After the script completes a listing of files will be returned. If the message "ls: core.*: No such file or directory /usr/local/Pelco/SM5000:" is returned then no core dump files were found. If core dump files were returned then verify if the time stamp corresponds with Endura Utilities starting on a computer located on the Endura network in question.
Example of returned core dump files:
Pelco Video Management
- Endura SM5000 , all current known versions.
- Endura Utilities v2.3.9
The Intel UPnP library used in the SM5000 is currently IPv4 compatible only.
To resolve this situation update Endura Utilities to version 2.3.10 or greater on all known computers that utilize Endura Utilities. This version of Endura Utilities will only utilize IPv4 on a computer that has IPv4 enabled.
Endura Utilities can be updated via the two different options listed below.
Option 1: Auto Update
- Ensure that the computer with Endura Utilities 2.3.9 installed can access the internet.
- Start Endura Utilities and accept any Windows User Account Control prompts that are displayed relating to Endura Utilities.
- Endura Utilities will automatically download the latest update in the background.
- Restart Endura Utilities and click on Help > About to ensure that Endura Utilities has been updated.
Option 2: Manual Update
- Download Endura Utilities from the link below.
- After downloading the installation package transfer a copy of the installer to all computers that utilize Endura Utilities on this Endura network.
- Double click on the installer and follow the screen prompts.
To download the latest version of Endura Utilities, please see LL#8397.