NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Needing to change the IP address on a Legacy NPR.
All versions of I/Net
When the IT department changes a subnet or network setting that prevents the device from communicating to I/Net.
There are two ways to change the IP address on the Legacy NPR.
1. This can be done on a Direct Connect by creating a new configuration called NetPlus Router.
2. Make this active and connect the CBL 072 to the upper left connection on the back of the device.
3. Start I/Net and when connected, go to NP Routers, the device will be online with the name that was previously in it or Wantap 1 which is the default.
4. Select it and then modify the IP address and put the new one in, save the changes and hit the okay button.
The second way to do this is from the Host PC,
1. Right click on I/O Server and select Configure
2. Modify the Active Profile.
3. Select NPR Routers and follow steps 3 and 4 above.