Many remote sites do not provide power grid service, therefore; batteries are used for powering and provide Direct Current only.
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Transmission & Power
ALL Esprit power modules - All models
Installation and powering.
Bypass the isolation (24 VAC) or step-down (120/230 VAC) transformer and connect DC power directly to the input wires.
To convert the power to 24 VDC:
- Remove the three 1/4-20 nuts and washers that hold the pan and tilt section to the base of the unit.
- Lift the pan and tilt section from the base, and carefully unplug the electrical connector.
- Remove the transformer module from the base by loosening the four Phillips screws and lifting
- The module out.
- Cut the two blue wires that go from the transformer to the circuit board on the transformer module.
- Reuse the 2 existing white power leads or connect a new set of leads from the 24 VDC power source to the two blue wires that go to the circuit board on the transformer module.
- Polarity does not matter.
- Replace the transformer module in the base, and then reinstall the pan and tilt section to the base.
- Turn on power to the Esprit system. Turn off line synchronization.