Popup window displays "License Invalid", "License Registry Error", "License on wrong machine" or other related error when starting the WPT software.
TAC I/A Series
WPT software (any release)
License information stored in license file does not agree with the WPT/WPTL license information stored in the Windows registry.
Use the following procedure to locate the proper version of the program and to generate the license diagnostic text file. NOTE: If the old computer has WorkPlace Tech release 4.0.0 or release 5.x.x prior to release 5.7, skip step 2 in the following procedure.
- Open the Windows Explorer (My Computer icon)
- Search for the file "WPTLDiag.exe" in the Program Files folder of the C:\ drive (or drive where the program files have been installed). If found, skip to step 4, below.
- Search for the file "WIBSLicenseDiag.exe" in the Program Files folder of the C:\ drive (or the drive where the program files have been installed).
- Right-Click on the file found in step 2 or 3 and select "Open". This will cause the license diagnostic program to run.
- When the program opens its display, select Save from under the File menu and save the "WIB License Diagnostic.txt" file.
- Locate the license file listed on line 1 of the WIB License Diagnostic display.
- Email the complete displayed text error message along with a zipped copy of the license file and diagnostic output file to Product Support
A product support case will be created for you with the submitted information. A product support engineer will contact you after reviewing your submitted information to assist you in correcting the issue.