An update must be performed without any interruption to the system, this includes no failover events takings place.
Pelco Video Management
- Endura SM5000 with failover installed.
The version on the Primary SM5000 and Secondary (Failover) SM5000 do not match.
- Open Pelco Utilities and logon with the Internal credentials. The username is Administrator and the internal password. Please contact Pelco Technical Support for the Internal password which changes weekly.
- Click on the Software Packages tab and add the desired SM5000 update.
- Click on Devices -> Add Virtual Devices
On the window that displays, type in the IP address of the secondary SM to be updated and click OK.
- Click on the System Attributes tab if not already there.
- Click on Virtual Devices model listed on the left.
Right click on the Virtual Device that represents the secondary SM5000 to be updated and select Internal Macros-> Manual update. Note: The device will display as offline, this is ok and is expected for a Virtual Device.
If there are multiple packages in the Software Packages tab then the window below will be displayed. Select the SM5000 and click OK to begin the update. If only the SM5000 package is in the Software Packages tab then the update will start automatically.
- Click Ok. Then click Yes. The update will copy to the secondary SM5000 and begin the update procedure. This will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
After the update has complete, a one time script with the following text may be run against the secondary SM5000 to ensure that the system is up to date. If the version next to IMAGE_VERSION is correct then the update was successful.
- Type more /etc/pelcorc