- The KBD300A allows you to operate certain DX8000/DX8100 live view display functions and control camera PTZ (Pan, Tilt, and Zoom) operations from a keyboard, rather than a mouse.
- KBD300 Interface wire and Pin Out
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
- DX8000 - all versions
- DX8100 - all versions
- KBD300A - version 5.0 and higher
- Installation of the KBD300A and optional accessories.
- Can switch Multiviews cannot PTZ control
Connect the KBD300A to the recorder:
Select the KBD300A operation Mode:
Setting up the KBDKIT to the DX8100.
- Remove the wall block cover.
- Wire the 12VAC transformer to the wall block.
- Prepare the user -supplied Cat5 cable.
- Construct an RJ-45 Cat5 straight-through cable pigtail (no connector on one end).
- Warning: On the RJ45 pigtail from the DX8100, do not connect pins 3, 4, 5, or 6 to the wall block. Doing so will damage the KBD300A keyboard.
- Wire the RJ-45 pigtail to the wall block.
*NOTE: KBD300A is meant to control and be next to the main VGA monitor of the DX8100. Must be logged in as admin to PTZ control.
To configure the KBD300A communication settings:
- Connect the KBD300A to the DX8100 to a RS-422 RJ-45 port.
- On the DX8100 toolbar, click The Setup dialog opens to the Camera page.
- In the Setup dialog box, click The Network page is displayed.
- In the Network page, click the Port/Device tab. The Port/Device page is displayed.
- In the Communication Port drop-down box, select the Port to which the KBD300A is connected.
- In the device drop-down box, select "KBD300A (Pelco)".
Configure the following port settings. See Figure 1 below.
- Interface mode: RS-422
- Baud rate: 9600
- Parity: ODD
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Click Apply.
On the KBD300A set DIP switches 6 and 7 to On (Down position).
Figure 1. DX8100 Communication Port
Click link below for video tutorial.
DX8100 KBD300A Tutorial