Can the default password for the Admin account be change on the DX4700 Series?
Pelco Video Management
DX4700/DX4800 Series hybrid video recorder (HVR)
Change the Admin default password.
To change the default password, perform the following steps:
1. On the toolbar, click Login.
2. Type the password using the on-screen keyboard. NOTE: Default password is admin.
3. Click OK. The system logs you on and the Login icon turns blue.
4. Click the Setup icon located on the toolbar. The Camera page appears.
5. Click on User. User Menu appears.
6. Click on User. User settings appears.
7. Confirm User ID is ADMINISTRATOR.
8. Click on the password field. Password box appears.
9. Enter the current password.
10. Enter the new password.
11. Confirm the new password.
12. Click the red X box on the right hand.
13. Click OK to save the new password.
Note: Username (admin) cannot be changed and the admin account will always be the account that shows up first when the logon icon is selected.