How to disable UNC power monitoring
TAC I/A Series
- I/A Series R2 Universal Network Controller (UNC)
- I/A Series Niagara R2 version 2.301.318 or later
UNC that is installed with I/A Series Niagara R2 version 2.301.318 or later has power monitoring enabled. UNC-410 and UNC-520 have the following parameters monitored.
- Power Loss - alarm on AC power loss
- Battery fail - alarm if backup battery test fail
There could be situations where the monitoring of these parameters needs to be disabled.
You can disable the UNC's power monitoring function by editing the UNC's driver.properties file.
To access the driver.properties file, in WorkPlace Pro Admin Tool, connect to the UNC and go to the 'Installation' tab. Click on the 'Edit drivers.properties' button.
- The line 'power.enabled=true' enables the power monitoring.
- To disable power monitoring, change the line to 'power.enabled=false'.
After the change, save the changes (File > Save) and reboot the UNC.
For more details, refer to the Niagara System and Power Monitoring Engineering Notes.