For troubleshooting purposes, Secure Shell (SSH) Access to Sarix Camera/Encoder Operating System must be enabled.
Pelco Cameras, Pelco Video Management
- Sarix Cameras (IM, IE, ID, IX Series, etc) all versions.
- Endura NET5400T Series Encoders.
Installation and maintenance.
To Enable SSH, use any one of the following three methods -
- Method 1: Enable SSH using Sarix Web User Interface (WebUI)
- Method 2: Enable SSH using Pelco Utilities
- Method 3: Enable SSH using Pelco Device Utility 2 (DU2)
note: Once enabled, see LL#13089 for steps to SSH into Sarix Camera/Encoder.
Open The IP Address of a Sarix Camera or Encoder from within a Web Browser (Google Chrome is recommended).
note: This can easily be done from within Endura Utilities Right-click > Open Web Interface dialog.
Click the Button (at top right), and enter the Sarix login Credentials (defaults are Username: admin | Password: admin).
Click the button, then mouse over the Network Menu and select (click) SSH..
Make sure the Enabled Checkbox is toggled ACTIVE (checked), and enter pel2899100 (*see note) into the Password and Re-type Password Fields. Click the Save Button.
*note: For optimal Endura Utilities Functionality, the SSH password pel2899100 must be used here. A different password may be entered for security reasons, but will disable much of Endura Utilities troubleshooting functionality for the device.
Method 2: Enable SSH using Pelco Utilities:
Download and launch Pelco Utilities, log in and press the Button, wait for it to finish, and then press the Button.
note: The default login credentials for Endura Utilities version 2.2 and below is [Username: Administrator and Password:configapp], version 2.3 and greater instead authenticate against the Endura SM5000 or SM5200 System Manager (default is [Username:admin and Password: admin] ).
From the System Attributes Tab, Right-click the Sarix IP Camera or NET5400T Encoder and select Device Actions > , now select Sarix Enable SSH...then select Yes at the prompt
note: If the Enable SSH Option or "Sarix Enable SSH" option is not available, the device may be in a nonfunctional state or there may be no communication. Try using methods 1 or 3 instead.
Download Device Utility 2.0.20
- Open DU2 and login using admin/admin.
- Click on the Configure DU2 tab and select Scripts near the bottom.
Scroll down the pop-up window and checkmark enableSSH then click Add Script; window closes.
- Name the script enable SSH and click Save.
- Click on the Manage Devices tab.
Right click the camera and select Apply Script.
- After camera's video status update icon disappears, SSH is enabled.
- Login Credentials are [username: root | password: pel2899100].