Restoring an SQL Backup and an error is received,
- "User does not have permission to access the requested files" when restoring a database that was backed up in a previous version.
DBCreate error: "Cannot open backup device 'C:\Users\xxxxxx'. Operating system error 5(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15100). [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally."
All versions of I/Net Seven using SQL and DBCreate
Windows 64-bit Operating Systems
The backup is stored on the Desktop rather than a folder under C.
- Create a folder under C for the backup
- Move the requested backup to this location
- Open up DBCreate, log in and select the option to restore database
- Click start and then point to the folder under C to begin restoring the database.