NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
The picture quality of the NET5400T encoder looks bright and washed out.
This image is unterminated
This image is properly terminated
Pelco Video Management
NET5404T, NET5402T, NET5401T displaying bright, washed out picture.
The NET540xT encoders apply termination on first boot up. If the encoders are powered on before the video is plugged in, then the picture will look washed out or unterminated when the video is plugged into the encoder.
When Connected to a DigitalSENTRY system or 3rd party DVR.
- Download latest version of Endura Utilities by clicking here.
- Open the downloaded file, and follow the steps on the screen to install.
- Open the Endura Utilities Program.
- Click search on the bottom right of the program.
- On left side of program, click on the NET540xT (can be NET5401T, NET5402T, NET5404T depending on model)
- This will display all your encoders on the network, highlight the affected encoder.
Right click on affected encoder and select Device Actions.
- Click on Enable/Disable Sarix Termination.
In the dialog box, select Enable Then OK.
Check your live view of the camera and see if the issue is resolved.
*This needs to be done on all inputs of an encoder.
When connected to an Endura system
- Open WS5200 Software
- Select affected camera from tree on left
Right click and select modify settings
- Click on General Settings tab
- Check or uncheck Video Termination checkbox (Checked = apply 75ohm termination, Unchecked = do not apply 75ohm termination)
- Hit apply and OK to save changes.
Check your live video to make sure it looks properly terminated.
*This needs to be performed on each input of the affected encoder.*
Using web browser to set termination.
1. If Net5400 is not at version 1.8.2 it will need to be updated to set termination through the web browser.
2. Browse into each input of the NET5400 and login.
3. Under system set the termination.