After replacing a failed hard disk drive in an NSM, the ThreeWare RAID controller card does not automatically begin the rebuild process.
Pelco Video Management
- Endura NSM5200
The ThreeWare Auto Rebuild Schedule has become Disabled.
1. SSH into the NSM5200.
2. Enter the Threeware Command Line Interface by typing tw_cli.
3. Type show and find the correct Ctl # (controller number)
4. Enter /cX show rebuild (X = CtL# in question).
1. Enter /cX set rebuild=enable (X = CtL# in question).
The output should return - "Enabling scheduled rebuilds on controller /c1 ...Done."
2. Check /cX show rebuild again (X = CtL# in question).
1. Enter /cX show (X = CtL# in question) to check current rebuild status.
note: The above Example output shows %RCmpl (rebuild percentage) at 0%, which means a rebuild has begun. If no rebuild has begin, %RCmpl value will be a dash (-) instead.
2. Type exit to leave the tw_cli application.
3. If drive rebuild did not begin, reboot NSM5200, the repeat Verify Resolution Step 1.
note: If this does not resolve the issue, see KCS Article LL#11837.