In cases where a Sarix camera may be experiencing an internal issue, the camera can be placed in a mode which gives the ability to generate a bug report through the web browser for technical analysis.
All Sarix cameras all versions.
Using a script and a network camera utility tool, the sarix camera can be placed in debug mode.
Download a network camera Utility Tool:
Download Endura Utilities 22.214.171.124
Download the following scripts: (Right click and Save as)
SSH MUST be enabled on the camera.
Read how to enable SSH on Sarix cameras
Enable Debug Mode:
Using Device Utility:
- Place the scripts in the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86f for win7)\Pelco\Device Utility 2\Template
- Open DU2 and login: admin/admin.
- Click on the Configure DU2 TAB and select Scripts near the bottom.
- Add Script, scroll down the pop-up window and select the script. Add Script; window closes.
- Name the script and Save.
- Click on the Manage Devices TAB.
- Right click the camera and Apply Script.
- After camera's video status update icon disappears, the script is applied.
- Password will be pel2899100. The username is always root.
Using Endura Utilities:
- Open Utilities and login: admin/admin
- Click on the Scripts TAB and import the script.
- Search for cameras and left click the camera in the System attributes window. Camera will appear on the right in Group Tools.
- Right Click camera in Group Tools and select Scripts from Pop-Up window.
- Select the Sarix script.