NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Endura device is remotely inaccessible.
Pelco Video Management
- Endura devices with monitor and USB keyboard access.
- Endura device lost its IP configuration, so it must be edited manually on the device itself.
1. Connect a monitor and USB keyboard to the device and log in...
2. Edit the interface file...
3. In the editor press the "i" key to switch to insert mode. Now it will behave like a text editor.
4. Make changes to the network information shown to reflect your network settings...
Example ifcfg-eth0 file taken from an Endura SM5000:
5. Escape out of insert mode...
6. Save and quit out of the editor by typing the following characters followed by the Enter key...
7. At the linux prompt, bring the interface down and back up with the new settings...
ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0
...note: This will get the interface up and the device should have network communication, however a full reboot of the device is recommended for all endura services to function reliably.
8. Verify the eth0 interface settings are correct
9. Verify the default gateway is correct