DS ControlPoint connects to recorder but will not show list of cameras.
Pelco Video Management
- DS Control Point - All versions
- DS NVs
- DS Series
- DX4500/DX4600 Series
- DX4700/DX4800 Series
When the system is added as a site in DS ControlPoint, the Video Recorder option box is not check marked.
- The user account DS ControlPoint is using to connect to a Digital Sentry system has no cameras assigned for viewing access. Under the "Camera Assignments" tab in User Administration the "By Assignment" option is selected but there are no cameras moved over to the "Assigned Cameras" list.
- The account is already logged in somewhere on the network.
- Is DS ControlPoint system setup, Host name does not match the name in DSAdmin /VAU System name.
Verify Video Recorder box is checked before connecting to recorder
Verify the user account being used for the DS ControlPoint connection has cameras assigned.
Open DS Admin (Start > All Programs > Pelco > DS Admin)
Expand the system listed under Available Systems
Locate and select User Administration.
Under Users select the DS ControlPoint user account.
Click the Camera Assignments tab and verify that cameras are assigned.
If there is no reason to hide any cameras from the connection user, select the All Cameras radial button and click Save
- Open DS Admin (Start > All Programs > Pelco > DS Admin)
3. Open DSAdmin at the server (DSSRV, DSNVS, DS Xpress ect.).
- Expand the Available system.
- Expand the VAU folder.
- Click on the VAU (the computer icon uder the VAU folder).
- Note down the VAU name and verify in DS ControlPoint connection setup to have the same name in Host name entry box.