NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
- Your NSM5200 no longer boots.
Pelco Video Management
Endura NSM5200 Network Storage Manager
The operating system is corrupt.
- Open the front cover of the machine you wish to re-image.
- Tap the power button on the unit and wait for it to shut down.
Remove the screw attaching the guard plate to the front of the compact-flash card using the security tool that came with your NSM. (See Figure 1, below.) If you cannot locate the security tool, a 1⁄8-inch Allen security bit can be used, instead.
FIGURE 1 An NSM5200 guard plate
Remove the compact-flash card by pressing the release button located above the card. (See Figure 2, below.)
FIGURE 2 NSM5200 compact-flash card
- Insert the compact-flash card into a CF reader that is attached to a Windows PC.
- Download Ghost32.exe from this page. Copy this file to your PC Desktop
- Double-click on the Ghost32.exe file.
- Click OK
Select Local → Disk → From image as shown in Figure 3, below.
FIGURE 3 The initial menu in Norton Ghost
- If you need to re-image to version 02.01.05.0001, download the NSM5200 Ghost image file from this page. If you need to re-image to version 02.04.06.003, visit this page. Copy this file to your PC's desktop.
- Select the Ghost file you downloaded in step 10.
- Select your compact-flash card from the list of devices. It will have a size of 1953 MB.
- Click OK.
- Remove the compact-flash card from your CF reader.
- Insert the compact-flash card back into your NSM5200.
- Tap the power button on the front of the unit to turn it back on.
If you wish to delete the video on the NSM, see LL#13329.
Lessons Learned Article #11453: How to reimage the NSM5200 using a bootable USB and Ghost.