- DHCP service is not running
Pelco Video Management
- SM5000, all versions
- DHCP was not configured to start on boot
Open the SM5000 web interface in a browser using https and port 10000
Default example: https://192.168.5.10:10000
Login with the default user name admin and the password admin
Click on the Servers Tab
Click on the DHCP Server Icon
Click the Start Server button
After a minute or so, you will see the Start server button text change to Apply Changes.
This means the server has started.
To start the DHCP server on the next boot, click the Enable DHCP at boot button
- NOTE: If your SM5000 is running software version 1.4.55, 1.4.69, or 1.4.70, this may not work as expected.
- Clicking on "Enable DHCP at boot" will only toggle this setting each time the button is clicked.
- The text on the button no longer changes to tell you whether DHCP is enabled on bootup or not.
- To verify whether or not the SM it set to start DHCP at boot, SSH into the SM5000 using username: root and password: pel2899100
Type "vi /home/pelco/devicemanager/config.pm" and hit enter as shown here
DHCP is enabled if our $DHCP = "true"; as seen in this screen shot
If instead you see our $DHCP = "false";
then, dhcp is not set to run on bootup.
Use the vi editor to edit this line so that it is set to "true" as seen in this screen shot
Save your changes and exit.
- The SM5000 is now set to start DHCP at boot.