NOTICECOMPLEX PROCEDURE REQUIRED.
The resolution of this article has many complex steps that may result in unforeseen results if not performed correctly. If you are at all unfamiliar with the requirements, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
How to enable debug on a UDI5000-MTRX.
Pelco Video Management
Endura UDI5000-MTRX- all versions
UDI5000-MTRX is not functioning properly. Need to scan the logs to try to determine why not.
To enable debugging:
- SSH into the UDI5000-MTRX
- Enter cd /etc/sysconfig
- vi pelco
- Press I or Insert key to enter the editing mode
- Locate the line saying Pelco_Debug_Image=no
- Change the no to a yes
- Exit out of editing mode by hitting the Esc key.
- Save the changes and close vi by entering :wq
- Open another putty window and tail the ascii_interface.log. tail -f /var/log/ascii_interface.log
- In the original putty window, restart the ascii_workstation_interface service. service ascii_workstation_interface restart
- As the service restarts watch the ascii_interface.log
In order for the UDI5000-MTRX to fully come online there needs to be at least one monitor and one camera configured with a logical number.
If the UDI5000-MTRX does not see a monitor or camera this will be made evident by watching the log.
If the UDI5000-MTRX does find a monitor and camera it will begin startup:
The ascii_interface log can also be used to verify that the UDI5000-MTRX is receiving the commands: