The following error is received when trying to create the bootable USB key needed to reimage the SM5200 in a Windows 7 environment.
Pelco Video Management
- Endura SM5200 All Versions
- Microsoft Windows 7
The User Account Control (UAC) settings are too strict and prevent the master boot record (MBR) of the flash drive from being changed.
This following error is received when the UAC settings are too strict:
note: If the error is overlooked and a reimage is attempted with the flash drive a "Missing Operating System" error will be encountered on the SM5200.
To lower UAC settings:
- Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left hand side of the screen
Type uac into the search box.
Choose Change User Account Control Settings. This will bring up the following menu:
- Drag the slider down to Never notify and click OK
- Reboot the computer to allow the change of settings to take place
- Follow the instructions in LL# 11265 to create the bootable usb key