NOTICEPOTENTIAL FOR DATA LOSS.
The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure, please contact Product Support Services prior to attempting the procedure below.
- Uninstallation of Digital Sentry Software Suite
- Uninstall ControlPoint
- Remove DS
Pelco Video Management
- Digital Sentry
- DS NVS
- DSSRV / DSSRV2
Complete removal of DS Software Suite.
Complete uninstall of the Digital Sentry software:
Uninstall the following from Programs and Features.
*As of Digital Sentry software versions 7.7.309 and above, there may also be the following applications installed.(if installed - they are optional and may not be installed)
Uninstall the optional DS services in the order listed below.
- DS NSMREST Service (if listed)
- DS Serenity Service (if listed)
- DS PelcoAPI (if listed)
DSFrameServerService (if listed)
Uninstall the standard Digital Sentry software.
- DS DS Admin
- DS ControlPoint
DS Video Server
Uninstall SQL Server software
Note: This process is referring to DS v7.17 or greater software versions (SQL 2012), if using DS 7.16 and earlier software versions, instead you will be uninstalling SQL Server 2008 and all associated SQL applications.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Leave the SQL 2008 Setup Support Files, uninstalling SQL Server 2012 will also remove this)
- Select Remove
- Click OK
- After a minute at Select Instance, click Next
- Click Select All and then Next.
- Click Next
- At Ready to Remove click Remove.
- At Complete select Close.
Refresh the Programs and Features page.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 SP2 Query Tools ENU
Microsoft SQL Server System CLR Types
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Leave the SQL 2008 Setup Support Files, uninstalling SQL Server 2012 will also remove this)
Remove the following from Local Users and Groups (not always necessary, can be skipped)
Delete these directories if still present (On non-64 bit versions of Windows this will be in C:\Program Files\)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\Common Files
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\ControlPoint
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\DigitalSentry
- **C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\Database (See statement below before continuing on with the removal process)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\VssUtility
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\Docs
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\DS Utils
- %programdata%\Pelco\DigitalSentry and License folders (Hidden folder)
**The configuration/database files are stored in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Pelco\Database folder, this folder can be left without deleting so a new software installation can use the configuration files. This folder should only be left behind if upgrading the software to a newer version and not downgrading.
7. Reboot the server.