Black video on the DX series or DX8100 client.
Pelco Video Management
- DX8100 Client
- DX4500/DX4600 Client
- DX Series Client
Intel graphics driver out of dated on the client PC.
If experiencing black video in either the DX Series Client, DX4500/DX4600 Client or the DX8100 Client and are using intel onboard graphics hardware including the Intel HD series, the drivers could be outdated.
If remote pc system has been working and now displays black video, reboot the DVR/HVR server to re-establish video.
In order to update your drivers for the Intel based products follow the below instructions:
1) Open up your browser.
2) In the address bar type in www.intel.com
3) On Intel's website mouse over Menu
4) In the Menu mouse over Support
5) Under the Downloads and Drivers click on get the Latest Drivers
6) On the Intel Download Center click on Continue under Intel Driver Update Utility
7) Install the Intel software
8) Once Software is installed click Check your system for the latest updates
9) Once the updates are installed follow prompts and reboot
10) After reboot relaunch either the DX Series Client or the DX8100 Client
Note: Shared memory which is used by onboard video cards is not supported as shown on the specification sheet. For the DX8100 please refer to the DX8100 Series Hybrid Video Recorder Product Specification sheet for more detailed information.