"Resolution not supported" error when adding a Sarix Megapixel IP camera to the DX4700/DX4800 DX4700HD/DX4800HD.
Pelco Video Management
This is caused by two things:
- The Secondary Stream enabled on the Sarix IP camera.
- Resolution of primary stream set beyond supported resolution.
Disabling the secondary stream on Sarix IP Cameras:
Open your preferred Browser and then navigate to the IP address of the Sarix IP camera
*Note default IP address 192.168.0.20
*Note default login username: admin password: admin
- Click on Settings
- Mouse over A/V Streams
- Click on Video Configuration
- Under the Secondary Stream click the drop down for Compression Standard
- Select the blank selection above H.264
- Click Save
Close the Browser
Verifying IP Camera connectivity on the DX4700/DX4800 or DX4700HD/DX4800HD:
Log in to the DX4700/DX4800
*Note default username: admin password: admin
- Click on Setup
- Click on Camera
- Click on IP Camera
- Click Test
- Upon successful Test exit out of setup and save changes.
- When adding more than one IP camera at the same time, the unit takes approximately 10 minutes to connect to the cameras.
The supported resolutions for the DX4700/DX4800 and DX4700HD/DX4800HD:
- DX4700/DX4800HD Series HVR's: Supported resolutions 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x1024, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080. The unit supports H.264 (Main Profile) video compression. Supports up to 12Mbps total. Click Here for IP camera resolution list.
- DX4700/DX4800 Series HVR's: Supported max resolution the server supports for live video is 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL. The unit supports H.264 (Baseline Profile), black video will be displayed if using MAIN or HIGH. Supports up to 4Mbps total. Click Here for IP camera resolution list.
For further information on supported IP camera resolutions of the DX4700/DX4800 nonHD see Appendix D Supported IP Camera Resolutions of the DX4700/DX8100 Manual.
For further information on the supported IP camera resolutions of the DX4700HD/DX4800HD see Appendix D Supported IP Camera Resolutions of the DX4700HD/DX4800HD Manual.