How to set up a Sarix camera to send a JPEG snapshot to an FTP Server
All Sarix model cameras including: IM, IM-V, IM-E, ID, IDE, IE, IEE, IX, IXE models.
An active FTP Server.
Configuration to send a JPEG image to an FTP Server from a Pelco Sarix camera is not fully explained in the manuals that Pelco provides.
- Create a Source from within the Sarix camera's Settings>Event tab. The Type can be Timer as the Source.
- Name the Source anything you want to remember it by.
- Move to the Settings>Event>Handlers configuration page.
- Name your FTP Handler anything you wish it to be named.
- Select the Handler Type of: Upload JPEG to FTP Server in the drop-down list.
- Name your FTP Server. EXAMPLE syntax needed: ftp.yourservername.com
- Place the Username and Password into the corresponding entry boxes
- Name your Base Path (the actual directory you wish the images to be saved to on the FTP Site). EXAMPLE syntax needed: /JPEGFile
- Select File name format (IF/WHERE appropriate), or, simply leave the defaulted format. NOTE: this is the way in which the title of the image will be saved with the date and time information.
- Choose your days of the week you wish to have the images uploaded, along with the Start Time and End Time.
- Select the Source you created in steps 1 and 2.