WS5000 or WS5200 Software fails to install, giving the error "The detected CPU is not recognized" and then "The installation will now exit."
Pelco Video Management
- Endura WS5000/5200 (any version)
- Verified on Microsoft Windows XP® Service Pack 3. (may affect others)
Per Specification, Endura Workstation software requires minimum of 2 Processor Cores.
On Some PC Systems, Windows may become stuck in a state which can only utilize a single core; This is seen as only 1 CPU Usage History Box appearing in Windows Task Manager within the Performance tab.
This has been seen with Intel Core2Duo® processors on Microsoft Windows XP® Service Pack 3, but may affect other processor/os combinations.
To resolve, Driver Signing must be disabled, followed by 2 to 3 reboots (as prompted by Windows).
Use one of the two below methods to accomplish this -
From Command Line
- Click the Windows Start Button, then "Run...", and type cmd and press enter/return.
- From the command line, enter the following command, then press enter/return...
rundll32 syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction ACPIAPIC_MP_HAL 128 %windir%\inf\hal.inf
- Reboot as prompted, including any subsequent reboots as prompted after each Windows Startup.
- Re-attempt installation of WS5000/WS5200 software to verify resolution.
From Windows GUI