How to perform a Date/Time search using the DX Series Client.
How to perform a Date/Time search using the DX8100 Client.
Pelco Video Management
- DX Series Client
- DX8100 Client
- DX4000 use the DX4500/DX4600 Client
Would like to search video using the Date and Time search feature.
To search video by date and time:
Right click on the server name and select "Connect"
Right click to server name and select "User Log-In" (Note:Use an account with Search privileges)
On the toolbar, click the Search icon (By default, the Search window appears in the Date/Time mode).
In the Client window, click a video pane.
NOTE: If the time bar does not appears after clicking the video pane, drag and drop a camera to the vie pane.
- (Optional) Verify that Select All check box is selected.
Select the date and time on the playback timeline:
- In the Date box, select a date.
- In the Time box, select a time.
To start play back:
- (Optional) To listen to recorded audio during playback, on the Playback control, click the Audio icon .
- On the Playback control, click the “Forward playback” button .
The Date/Time search feature has the following guidelines:
- Playback timeline: Use the timeline calendar and time controls to specify the search criteria.
- Searching for event-specific video: While in the Live or Search modes, drag the timeline pointer to a position in the timeline to initiate a search. The timeline provides a status bar that represents video recorded during the various recording modes (normal, alarm, and motion).
- Verifying the search device: To ensure that the proper camera channel is selected, check the camera information box above the playback timeline or verify that the desired view panel is framed with a thin red outline.
- View format: The Date/Time search mode is supported in full-window view mode.
- Select All: Allows you to search and playback video from all cameras.
Note: The DX Series Client does not support video playback from the DX4000 DVR.
Note: The DX Series Client does not support Pixel Search for the DX8100/DX8000. Use the DX8100 Client.