Motion Detection on a DX4700/DX4800 is not recording.
Pelco Video Management
- Analog cameras only
Motion detection setup on a DX4700/DX4800
To configure motion sensitivity:
Sensitivity: Sets the motion sensitivity (OFF or 01 to 10). Select a lower value to decrease the sensitivity of motion; increase the value to increase the sensitivity of motion.
NOTE: If sensitivity is set too low, the unit may not record a motion event. If sensitivity is set too high, the unit may record false motion events.
- Log on the DX4700/DX4800 as the admin user. (Default is admin/admin)
- Click on the Setup menu (Gear Icon)
- Click on Linking menu, click the Motion submenu.
- Click the Channel box and select a channel.
- Click on the Sensitivity box and select a sensitivity value.
If needed set up a Motion Area
- Drag the motion grid to set the motion area. How to set the Motion Area (Mask) on the DX4800.
- Repeat the previous steps (as necessary) to configure additional channels.
- Click Close.
- Click OK.
Note: The DX4700/DX4800 cannot configure motion detection for IP Cameras.