WARNINGELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE REQUIRED.
Discharge all static electricity from your person by touching metal prior to handling any hardware. Failure to do so may result in damage to devices.
CM9740-CC1 fails to switch live video to CM9740-MXB due to CM9740/60-VMCx version incompatibility.
Additional Symptoms Include:
- The CM9760-KBD-xx LCD indicates that live video switching can occur
- The CM9740-CC1 diagnostic screen indicates that the live video switching can occur
- The CM9740-MXB (Matrix Bay) displays the same time as the CM9740-CC1 which concludes that there is communication between the CM9740-CC1 and CM9740-MXB which rules out possible sercom port problem or RS422 cable problems.
Pelco Video Management, Pelco Matrix
- CM9740/60-VMCx (Video Monitor Card) version 2.3 and older
- CM9740-CC1: All versions
- CM9760-KBD-xx: All Versions
CM9740-VMCx (Video Monitor Card) version 2.3 and older is incompatible with CM9740-CC1 (All Versions)
Replace CM9740/60-VMCx (U12) version 2.3 and older with version 8.04. The CM9740-VMCx (Video Monitor Card) must be running version 8.04 or newer for proper video switching. For detailed instructions on how to replace (U12), refer to the CM9760-MXB Firmware Upgrade Installation Manual C1544M or follow the steps below.
1. Place an order for one CM9760-BAY-E80. One CM9760-BAY-E80 PROM chip should be ordered for each CM9740-MXB. Order requests may be sent to email@example.com
2. Remove one CM9740-VMC (Video Monitor Card) from the CM9740-MXB (Matrix Bay)
3. Locate U12 and replace with the PROM chip from step 1
4. Locate U10 RAM chip, remove for 2 minutes, then reinstall. This step erases RAM.
5. Insert CM9740-VMC card into CM9740-MXB
6. Press and hold the reset button on the front of the CM9740-VMCx card for approximately 3 seconds then release.
NOTE: You do not need to turn off power to the System 9740 matrix bay in order to upgrade matrix bay firmware.